Tuesday, November 17, 2009

THE Birthday Party

Well, we did the Birthday party on Sunday. I have SO many pictures I have NOT uploaded pictures yet. I will do that tonight. The kids had a blast! I really liked having it at MyGym. It was perfect for the 2-5 year olds. We had a couple kids who were 9 and 8 and they were a little bored. Good thing they were late and were only there for like 30 minutes! =) Hee hee. It was 1 1/2 hours and that was perfect! The kids got to do so much. They danced, they played dodge ball, they got to pick up turtile droppings (i kinda missed this game but the kids loved it!), they hula-hooped. We did the birthday march in which Emily did NOT want to sit in the car so I held her the whole time and Connor helped pull. They sang Happy Birthday, they ate cake and we ended with the zip line! Everyone was able to ride the zip line. Connor didn't really want to at first. All the kids went and then his sisters got to ride a swing on the zip line (which they LOVED. I was shocked. I thought Taylor would give me a problem as she hates the swing at the park but she didn't want to get out!). When Connor saw his sisters ride on the swing that's what he wanted to do. So they found a bigger swing and he got to ride the zip line too.

All in all, a GREAT birthday party. I'm just glad it's over and done with and I don't have to worry about anything for a full year now. =) Yeah! We are taking all three kids to Disneyland on Monday which is Connor's birthday. He is free on his birthday as part of Disney's promotion this year and the twins are under 3 so they are free! Should be lots of fun. Taylor LOVES Mickey Mouse so it will be interesting to watch her. I really hope we get to see Mickey while there. ;)

We also went to the aquarium last Friday while Grandma was here. The kids loved looking at the fishes and walking around. We found a rainfall exhibit and the kids just LOVED it. Kept wanting to go back. It was nice too because we got there about 1/2 hour after it opened and it was empty. So i didn't have to worry about the kids wondering around and getting lost in the crowd. As we were leaving around 11:30 it was getting crowded. Still not as crowded as when I've been there before but I hate crowds now. (Oh, I'm gonna love Disney huh?!?) =D

So that's our story for the past week. We have one week "off" and then we are headed to Grandma and Grandpa's Tuesday night for Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing their new house and the kids want to see Grandpa. It will be nice for them to see Grandma again too. =) The kids have their Thanksgiving Feasts at school tomorrow. I'm glad it's this week and not next as they are only there one day next week due to Disneyland and going to Grandma & Grandpa's. So if you don't hear from me for awhile it's because we are busy! But I promise I will send out pics of the birthday party and stuff SOON!!!

2 comments:

Mandie said...

Woohoo! Sounds like an awesome birthday party, and I can't wait to see the pictures of them all! I love having the parties away from home...WAY LESS to do!

You have lots planned for the upcoming week, and I'm sure it'll all be a blast!

MommyofSweetpea said...

Sounds like it was wonderful and pretty easy which you need!