Monday, October 27, 2008

Single Mother of Three

That was me all weekend long. Surbjit went on a boys riding trip and left me with the kids. He left Thursday night (after the girls went to bed and while Connor was watching his show) and did not come back until Sunday afternoon (right after all the kids woke up from their naps!). All in alll, I had a pleasant weekend with them. I didn't want to run screaming back to work today that's a plus. ;)

Friday morning I got them all up and was out the door at 7am. Dropped them off at daycare and then ran my errands I was planning on running this Friday (since the 31st was my regular day off). So now I can come into work this Friday and not use a vacation day! YEAH!! (I'm running out of days since I took two weeks off after the girls were born. Thankfully my vacation time starts back up again Jan. 1st). I even got to relax a little in the afternoon and watch some TV. (My TiVo was down to 21% available! YIKES! It's hard to find time to watch my shows now that I have three kids). Picked up the kids and we had dinner got ready for bed, played and went to sleep.

Woke up saturday a little before 7am. Got the girls dressed and fed everyone. Then we played in the house while it warmed up outside. Got Connor and myself dressed and then we headed over to La Mirada Regional Park. Spent about 1 1/2 hours there walking around, playing on the playground, feeding the girls, eating a snack. It was a beautiful day! Headed home, ate lunch and then ATTEMPTED to put the kids down for a nap. Both Taylor and Emily probably slept for 45 mins MAX and Connor never took a nap. Oh well. We continued to play, Connor played outside for a little bit and then I tried to put up Halloween decorations. I had the girls in the pack n play on the porch and Connor "helping" me. He found a pumpkin that I had bought years ago that you plug in and lights up and he's been playing with that ever since. =) I got some decorations up but the girls were fussy and crying so I brought them all inside. We ate dinner and then got ready for bed. The girls and Connor were wiped since they never took a nap so the girls were in bed by 6:30 (and OUT not too long after) and Connor went to bed at 7:30.

Woke up Sunday about 7am and just played all morning. Connor sure does have an imagination these days. It's so much fun to play with him. Ate lunch and the put the kids down for a nap at noon. The girls fell asleep and Connor did too. Slept until almost 3pm when Daddy got home. So all in all it was a great weekend. Connor did so good listening and helping me out. No time out at all. But he also never went pee pee in the potty either. UGH> I swear that boy will be going to kindergarten with a diaper.

So that was our weekend! I've been so busy at work I forgot I've uploaded the pictures from our halloween trip I just haven't had a chance to share them yet. Will do as soon as I get a break. Ha!

No comments: