Monday, June 07, 2010

Busy Busy Busy but we did have a break!

This past weekend was a low key type weekend. Well as low key as you can get in my family. LOL! Friday night we stayed home. The kids played outside LATE. The neighbor across the street came over with her two sons. Diego is turning 4 this month and the baby is 8 months old. The kids LOVED talking to the baby and making him laugh. And Connor and Diego had a grand time riding the truck and quad all over the front yard. We didn't end up eating dinner until after 7:30pm that's how late we were playing outside!

Saturday we woke up and just chilled out around the house. Then we all went to Target. Geesh! At least they have carts where I can fit 3 kids. YEAH! I so should have taken a picture! oh well. And the Target we went to even has produce now! So the kids spied a watermelon and bananas so we got them. Then we went home and played all afternoon. I also introduced the kids to the Wii. Was that a mistake? Nah. The LOVEd playing Just Dance and Connor did great at bowling. But when I asked if they wanted to go outside, they didn't hesitate. =D Of course we played the Wii again on Sunday too. LOL! Then it was time for our slumber party. =) We rented a new movie from Netflix (Ice Age:Dawn of the Dinosours) and we spread a blanket and pillows out and laid down and had popcorn. Connor loved the movie. The girls - well they just aren't into TV like their brother is. Not sure if that is good or bad.  Only time will tell! Emily ended up falling asleep before the movie was over. I turned off the movie and Connor, Taylor and I proceeded to fall asleep. Let's just say the floor - not that comfortable. At least for us adults!

Woke up on Sunday. I went to church and then came home and Surbjit took the kids to the gudwara with Bigi while I went to the grocery store. When they came back, we played a little Wii then went outside and played some more until it was time for dinner.

So low key weekend. ;) Thursday we are leaving to go visit Grandma & Grandpa. The kids are so excited. Not sure if they are more excited to see Grandma and Grandpa or their dogs, Duchess and Penny!! Two of my Aunts and Uncles on my Dad's side are visiting from Michigan so it should be a fun trip. Plus Saturday all of the kids are supposed to be there so we will finally get a chance to get all seven of us in one picture. I don't think we've ever all been in the same room since my Mom and I moved back from NY in 1990!!! Yikes. Definitely a picture moment that's for sure.

In upcoming sporting news - I did sign Connor up for Tball. He starts that 6/22. It's Tuesday/Thursdays from 5- 5:45pm. Then I signed both the girls up for Gymnastics. Taylor's class is at 9:15 and Emily's is at 10:05. It's a parent and me so I'll get to do stuff with them. Then of course starting this month is swim lessons too. We are going to miss the first round but we'll start after that with Mon- Friday 5:55pm classes. And yes, that means on Tuesday-thursday we will be EXTREMELY busy until Tball is over (the beginning of August!).

So that's a little recap of the Singh household for now. I'll try to update more often but NO promises! LOL!

1 comment:

MommyofSweetpea said...

Busy, busy family! I am happy that you guys are enjoying being a family. Hopefully we will see you soon. Hope this weekend is going well!