Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Busy Saturday

So last Saturday was BUSY. And I don't mean busy like I've said in the past but BUSY!! First Friday night was Kids Night Out. We ended up getting there at about 10:40 to pick the kids up and got busy talking to the teachers and didn't end up leaving until 11:40!! Yikes!! Connor and Emily ran around with the other kids that were still there. They played Simon says and just chased each other. It was cute to watch. Taylor wanted me to hold her so I did. She put her head on my shoulder and then proceeded to fall asleep!! Ha ha! Only Taylor! So needless to say, the kids didn't go to bed until almost midnight.

Saturday was the very busy day. Connor slept in until 7:30. I ended up waking up the girls at 8am because we had to eat and get ready for gymnastics! Plus Connor had tball pictures at 9:30. Bigi was going to go with me and the twins for gymnastics but ended up getting called into work. Uh oh! So I called up Shawn and she saved my life! She was able to come with us and help me out with the girls. We don't see her that often so I was worried the girls wouldn't "take" to her but they sure did! I was even having a problem with Emily during the first class because she wanted Shawn instead of doing the class with me! LOL! Fortunately, we shouldn't have this problem again since tball is only during the week. I've also switched both girls to the 10:05 class and I'm signing Connor up for the 10:05 class for his age group since he was so adament about wanting to be in the gymnastics class.

So we went to gymnastics from 9 until 11. And Surbjit took Connor to tball pictures at 9:30. Once we got home, we gave the kids a snack and then headed to the beach for Mona's birthday party. We got there a little after Noon. It was beautiful! I was a little worried at first because the sun didn't appear to want to make an appearance but as soon as we got to the beach, it came out. =) The kids LOVED playing at the beach and I loved this beach. I want to go back again.

Taylor, Emily and Connor enjoying lunch.















Playing in the sand


Emily all wrapped up.

Surbjit had to meet me at the birthday party because he had to go sign up Emily for swim lessons. So we had two cars there. After we were done, we went back to the house, dropped off my car and headed up to see John and Melissa in Victorville. We haven't seen them since December because they had moved to South Dakota for John's work but thankfully, they were able to move back home at the end of May! Yeah!! So we drove up there and let the kids play. They had so much fun! Connor and Mackenzie drove around in the Barbie Jeep. Taylor and Emily rode Mackenzie's bikes around the driveway and Kendalynn joined in too. Then we moved to the backyard to BBQ and play on the swing set. It was a fun night but another late one. We didn't leave until 10:30. Needless to say, the kids all fell asleep on the way home (Surbjit too!) and we didn't end up getting home until almost midnight.

We were all able to sleep in on Sunday though! Surbjit, Taylor and Emily stayed home all day. I went to church and took Connor with me. He did amazingly good considering that was the first time he ever went to church with me. I think it helps that they go to chapel at preschool! Then he went with me to run errands. So it was a nice semi-relaxing day.

Thankfully this weekend we have nothing planned. Just 4th of July which we are going to a friends house to BBQ and let the kids swim and jump (we rented a jumper!). I'm sure we'll have fun. Then Surbjit and I are off Monday but preschool is open! So the kids will go to preschool and maybe I'll get to relax a little for once. ;)

No comments: