Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Guess a New Post is in Order

My last post was quite sad and I just have not had the energy to come in here and post again. But I really don't want that post at the top of my blog anymore. But I should tell you about the viewing and things. Let's see. We told the kids on Sunday about Grandpa dying. They didn't get it. (I know they still don't get it because this morning they were talking about Grandma and Grandpa's house. :( ). Then Monday night we drove up to my Mom's because they were doing the viewing on Tuesday afternoon. We had the viewing and all the family was there except for my brother Andy who is in Arizona right now working. A couple of family friends came as well. We let the kids see Grandpa. I was expecting a lot of questions from Connor but he didn't really say anything. He just kept wanting to look at Grandpa the whole time. Taylor did her own thing and stayed back with Grandma most of the time. I asked her if she wanted to see Grandpa and she was like no. Emily. Well, Emily is Emily. And she was asking question after question after question. I wouldn't get one question answered and she'd be rattling off another questions. Sometimes, the same question. It was almost comical I had to laugh at one point at her.

After the viewing the family all went back to Mom's and we looked through old pictures and ate food (there was a TON of food). That night, Surbjit and the kids drove back home and  I stayed the rest of the week with my Mom. Surbjit then came back to pick me up Saturday night and we arrived home at 5am Sunday morning. He was cremated and the actual funeral is going to be a couple of weeks down here in Southern CA where his plot was purchased years ago after his first wife died. So all the family will be coming down here. Hopefully all seven of the children can make it. It appears they will and we will get to have one last picture with all seven of us in it. One thing we never could accomplish while he was alive.

On a more ironic note - My Dad's 75th birthday happened to be the day of his viewing. He had told my sister that he wanted to have a big party for his 75th birthday. How ironic, he sort of got his wish. We were all together!! LOL!

1 comment:

MommyofSweetpea said...

So sad! You are still in my prayers! Okay, how did I not know that you have six siblings! For the life of me I thought you were an only child for some reason...boy was I wrong!