Wednesday, January 05, 2011

A LONG Update

Geez. It's almost been so long, I don't even know where to begin! That's what happens when you take two weeks off of work I guess. I never really got to sit down. Let's see. Connor had two weeks off of school so I took those weeks off. The first Monday we ran around and did last minute Christmas shopping and then went to the movies and watched Unstoppable. Since it's about a train i knew he'd like it and he did. =) His second movie theater experience. ;)

Tuesday I wanted to go into work for a few hours to finish up a project and check e-mail and phone messages. Plus I knew Connor would love taking the train in. Boy was I right. We stayed at work for about 3 hours. I introduced him to some coworkes and some friends. Of course while we were there all he wanted to do was go back on the train. LOL! Even watching a movie (I brought the portable DVD player) didn't entice him! Oh well.

Wednesday, the twins were off as well as Connor so we finished packing and waited for Daddy to get off work. Once he was off work, we headed to visit Grandpa and Grandma in Oakdale.  Trip wasn't too bad. We are lucky the kids do fairly well while traveling for a long period of time. We stopped once to eat dinner and that was it. We then spent Thursday - Monday there. Christmas was nice and Santa even figured out we would be there and left their presents at Grandma and Grandpa's. ;) They had a blast playing with all thier aunts and uncles.

We came home Monday. Traffic was a joke when we hit Los Angeles since we left too late and hit downtown during the commute home. Woops!

Tuesday, I took the the kids to Knott's Berry Farm and we met up with Dylan and Melanie there. The place was a MADHOUSE. I've never seen it like that. It was like Disneyland but since it's much smaller it seemed even more crowded. In the 4 hours we were there we went on 3 rides. That is so not usual. I hope it's not like that again!! We also realized that a storm was coming in Tuesday night we decided to leave to go on our camping trip that night instead of the next morning. That meant while I was at Knott's, Surbjit was busy getting everything ready, which he did. We then left Tuesday night around 9pm.

We ended up camping Wednesday through Saturday. Weather was horrible for the most part. COLD COLD COLD. It barely got above 40 degrees. The wind was blowing like mad on Wednesday. It was in the 20's at night. Needless to say me and the girls were in the motorhome a lot of the time. It was just too darn cold! They would want to go out. I'd bundle them up. They would walk outside and then turn around and walk right back! But overall it was fun. We did get out on Friday. If it wasn't so cold that would have been THE perfect day. Since we came home on Saturday we got to relax on Sunday which was nice.

Maybe I'll be better at posting updates in 2011. =)

No comments: