Monday, August 24, 2009

The Weekend

We had a pretty uneventful weekend. Well, Mom and Dad were busy and the poor kids had to stay home all weekend. I had a bridal shower to go to on Saturday so Surbjit was at home with the kids basically all day. And of course, they didn't want to nap. Emily was crabby. She is teething so that's fun! And Connor is slowly getting away from naps. He needs them and he doesn't. It probably helps him go to bed at night when he doesn't get a nap. LOL. But I'm not ready to not have me time in the afternoon! Maybe I'll start allowing him to play quietly in his bedroom during nap time. That will give me the break and him play time. It will also teach him to play by himself too. Hmm.

Sunday Surbjit and I went on our annual Booze Cruise with my coworkers. Fun as usual. (We go out of Huntington Harbor on a boat owned by a coworker who retired and drive it to Acapulco by Marina Pacifica and eat brunch there). Ah, we were a little worried as Bigi was going to have the kids basically all day and they weren't too good for Surbjit. Thankfully, the girls napped 2 1/2 hours and were playing great outside by the time we got home. We even left after the girls went to bed and went to Downtown Disney to Jamba Juice (I've had two gift cards forever to use) and walked around a little while Bigi put Connor to bed. So nice!!

I have to say it's so fun to watch the three of them play together. Yesterday, Connor got on one of those push toys we have and started asking me to push him. He then saw Emily and rethought it and asked Emily to push him. WHICH SHE DID!! So nice. It's finally getting to the point where I'll just have to be a referee and I can participate when I want. =D YEAH!!!

No comments: