Monday, January 14, 2008

It's been a Month!

I really can't do this! I need to update more often. Bad me. Actually I've been busy updating the blog with past thoughts I have written down in other places so that's why there is old posts on here. It's not because anyone is crazy. LOL! I did all those today. I can't believe the girls are going to be 2 months old tomorrow.


I can't begin to tell you how many times I've said to myself how easier this would be if I only had one. But, you have to deal with that hand that dealt and I think Surbjit and I doing pretty good. It's getting easier as the days go on. We have gotten the girls into somewhat of a schedule. They wake up at 5am so we can get ready and out the door to work. Poor Surbjit is going to have his hands full in the morning but he'll do just fine. I'll help with feeding one of the girls in the morning before I leave for work but I leave at 5:45 am so he'll have an hour after I'm gone to be all alone. I know he'll do fine though.


The girls eat about every three hours right now. I wake them up if they haven't woken up. I know they say never to wake a sleeping baby but let me tell you. You don't want the two of them bunching up on you. I've had a crying baby while I'm feeding the other and that is no fun!! We have a bedtime routine and for the most part, the girls understand it's time to go to bed. They get a bath every other night and then we change them and feed them. We usually feed them at the same time because they don't normally wake up at the same time. Emily will wake up once sometimes twice a night and Taylor wakes up twice sometimes once a night. It seems they are starting to only wake up once a night but I don't want to jinx it! So I'm getting sleep. It's not too bad. I just have to go to bed right when the girls do and I'm usually fine all day.


They are both smiling now and they have beautiful smiles! It just melts my heart. Everytime I put Emily on the changing table to change her, she starts smiling at me. It's just absolutely melts my heart. I've been trying to get a picture of them smiling but that's not happening so much. But I'll keep trying!


In Connor news (we can't forget about big brother right!) he's doing pretty good. We went to a 2 year old birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese this past Saturday. He is momma's boy. He is a scaredy cat of all the rides. He wouldn't get on anything even though his friend would ride it. They have a phone that you can talk with Chuck E on and that is what he was glued to the whole time. He also just this past week started carrying a stuffed animal around. It's a bunny that sings and plays music, I think it's called the laugh and learn bunny. He found it in the bottome of his toy pile and started playing with it. He wanted him to eat with him so bunny sat in his high chair with him complete with bib. It was just too cute! He even talks to bunny and says bunny eat and will feed him his food! Here is Connor and bunny eating pizza!!
Not much else to say. We still haven't been camping yet but are planning on braving it coming February. Connor keeps asking and LOVES the motorhome. We can't get him out of there without a fight when we bring it home. So I know Connor can't wait to camping. It'll be interesting having three kids camping.
It's definitely different going from one kid to three but we are managing and it's getting better day by day. I just think of the future and how fun they will all have playing together and just watching them grow up. I am also very interested to see the girls develop and see how different or alike they look and act. I can already tell they are both extremely different temperament wise so it'll be fun to see them interact together.
Well, I better get going. I've got some stuff to do before it's feeding time again!!

No comments: