Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This past weekend

Well, like I said, it was a BUSY weekend. Family portraits went . . . well . . . not as great as I had hoped. The girls just did not want to cooperate. Emily wouldn't let me move her at all. Not even to sit in my lap. It was like I was going to give her away or something! And now that I look at the pictures, Taylor looks like she is in a firing squad. Sheez! At least Connor cooperated! So I'm going to have a tough choice picking out what picture I want. :sigh: Here they are (excuse the quality of the pictures. I had to take pictures of my computer screen):









And we tried to get all three kids to take a picture. Nope - Emily wouldn't let me put her down to stand next to brother. :sigh: So we got a couple of Connor:





Oh well. It is what it is. Maybe next year!

Later on Saturday, our friends Monica, Trevor and their daughter Kaylee came over and we ate dinner and hung out. Connor just LOVES Kaylee and she likes playing with him and the girls. The girls took to her no problem (it probably helped she was all around them during her birthday party at Pump It Up helping me get them in and around the jumpers!). So Monica and I were able to actually visit as the kids played and basically had fun. =)

Sunday was an even busier day. I still had to get some stuff for the Halloween party that night so I took Connor to Costco with me. When we got back, we ate lunch then headed to the birthday party that was down the street. We only ended up staying an hour and a half. Connor really doesn't know the kids that were there and they were all older (6 & 7 and up) so he was bored. I can't blame him. We then went home, the girls woke up and we got ready for the Halloween Party at Frogg's Bounce House. It was a great party. Lots of fun. The kids LOVED all the jumpers. It was so funny because the kids flip flopped. At Kaylee's birthday party last night Connor wanted nothing to do with the obstacle course and neither did Emily until the end. Taylor I couldn't get out of there. This time it was the opposite. Connor and Emily kept going and going and Taylor wasn't really liking it. Here is one picture of Taylor I took on my cell phone:



The other pictures were taken by our regular camera. I'll share as soon as I download.

So that was our busy busy weekend! Tonight is the annual International Dinner at the preschool. Potluck all the families bring a dish from thier culture. Since I do have THREE kids there I figured we should bring two dishes so I of course "made" an apple pie (ok, I bought it from Costco but come on! I really was going to make it until we decided to go to BOTH parties yesterday.) And Surbjit went to the Indian store and bought Samosa's to share.  So I think we have both cultures covered! I'm looking forward to tonight. I have to remember to bring the camera! Hopefully it's a little more relaxed than Back to School Night and we can talk with some of the parents this time!!

3 comments:

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Aww... you have a gorgeous family!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments over on my page... I tried the Namaste Yoga again today...but got frustrated because of the camera shots. So hard to follow the moves when you don't know what they are doing...LOL. I guess I just need to learn the pose by name so that when I hear them, I can just do them. When they do not show the full body pose, it's hard to know what to do when they say too... I'm not going to totally give up on Yoga just yet as I know it should be good for me... for the toning if nothing else..which, is what I really want in the first place since I'm already around my goal weight...

MommyofSweetpea said...

Looks like everything is going good. The pictures still turned out great! I know it's always a hard decision on what to pick...please send me one if possible! You are one busy girl!