Monday, August 11, 2008

So what's been going on . . .

in our household?? Not much. Which is probably part of why I haven't updated. There are so many little things I want to say that I just get overwhelmed and don't post at all. Not good. So let's see. ..

Last weekend we went to the OC Fair. It was nice. Beautiful day. Not too hot. Of course we never charged the battery in our camera from the week long trip so we got hardly any pictures. Highlight of the day was when Connor saw the pigs. They were sleeping and he says to them, "Oink,oink,oink pigs. Wake up. It's time to play!". He kept saying that. It was too funny. The girls did fine. Emily got cranky at the end so I ended up picking her up and carrying her while Connor rode in the BOB (LOVE that stroller) and Taylor slept (my angel!). Emily was quite content then. ;)

This past weekend Connor got his big boy bed. He is now transitioned to a twin bed. No more toddler bed for him. We sold his whole crib set (crib, changing table/dresser, and armorie) to my BIL for their new baby due next month! Of course, this now means we have no changing table for Connor. So now we have to improvise. I have the changing pad in between my two sinks in the bathroom. It fits. It's a pain but it fits. If I'm just putting pull-ups on him it's not a big deal as he can just stand and doesn't have to lie down. But since he is REFUSING to go poo poo in the potty (even with bribery!) we still have to have him lay down for some diaper changes. Ugh. It has almost appeared that he is going backwards in the potty training. He doesn't want to go pee pee in the potty but he doesn't want his diaper changed either. My stubborn stubborn boy. I just keep telling myself, kindergartners aren't in diapers but shoot, that's a long way off! One of these days it'll just click for him (hopefully) and then I'll only have two in diapers.

Emily has now decided that she wants to stand. Crawling just isn't enough for her. When I have her on the changing table, I use to sit her up to dress her since he HATED lying down. Well now, she grabs my chest and starts to stand. So I guess I'll be changing her standing up. She has also got to kneeling and this past weekend I found her looking at me from above her crib rail. =) Guess it's time to lower that crib setting!

Taylor is Taylor and will do things on her time. Still not interested in crawling. Shoot, she gets places much faster with just rolling! So she rolls everywhere. It's fun times in our living room trying to keep the two contained. On Saturday, it was almost time for the girls to go to bed so I had them on the floor playing (without our usual "fort" set up). I noticed Connor leaked and pooped so I grabbed him and ran into the bathroom to change him. Not 2 minutes later I hear (tap, tap, tap). It's Emily crawling on the hard wood floor. She was looking for where we went.

This weekend we are going camping at the beach. Our last camping trip of the season. Should be beautiful weather and hopefully the girls can get to play in the sand this time. It was too cold when we went for Memorial Day weekend so I'm hoping it's better this time. Well, I better go, but I wanted to give a few updates here and there!!

No comments: