Tuesday, March 31, 2009

For my newer readers . . .

I just want to clarify (since my hubby said you probably think we tent camp) that we own a motorhome. That was the only way he was going to get this girl to go camping!

Here is our motorhome. It's a 33' Class A. We have 2 slides which make the room inside wider than a normal 8 feet that you drive down the road. I have a bathroom, shower, A/C, heat and most important Satellite TV. (Ok the Satellite isn't THAT important but it sure is NICE!).



















Those were pictures from our camping trip three weeks ago. This is the ONLY way I would ever go camping with three small children. Connor was 6 weeks old on his first ever camping trip. The twins were 3 months old on theirs. We had thought about taking them out when they were 6 weeks old (it would have been for New Years) but their brother decided to share his cold with them and they were both sick so we decided not to go and waited another 8 weeks.

So there you have it. That is how I camp with three kids. =)

2 comments:

Tamara said...

How fun! My husband and I would love, love, love to go camping but we haven't seemed to figure out how to do that with twin girls so young. And, I am paranoid at all the strange and terrible people out there who prey on campers. But, having a motorhome is ideal. I would feel so much safer as you probably do. There are so many nice camping spots in Ventura & Oxnard that I have always wanted to visit.

By the way, my girls could actually still fit in their infant carriers too, but we ditched them at 9 months because the girls hated being straped in them all the time. They're still in the garage along with all the double and single snap-n-go's.

Katie said...

Congrats! You were a winner on my site.

Check it out here: http://k2andkids.blogspot.com/2009/03/artsy-giveaway.html

Drop me an email with your info and I will mail it out to you:)