Friday, July 24, 2009

Book Review - The Talking Baby by Jeremy & Karina Sweet

I was very interested in reading this book in the hopes that I would learn something to help me get my twins to talk. The Talking Baby talks about ways to help your little one (and I mean little - they say to start early - before one) to talk sooner. One of the most frustrating periods for parents is that span of time when the child knows what they want, but can't communicate what it is. The parent is left guessing and trying to figure out what it is while their child is screaming at the top of their lungs. This book is here to help eliminate (or at least make shorter) that time period.

I did enjoy this book. There were lots of helpful hints and tricks to help your child start talking. Some of them were of course no brainers (repetition, repetition, repetition) but others were very helpful (word and phrases that are easiest for baby to say). Overall, I highly recommend this book to those with babies. It'll give you some fun and interesting ways to "play" with baby that will help to expand their vocabulary and hopefully, get them on the path to start talking early. I do not think this book is for those that have children over 1 or 1 1/2. By this time, the child is more older and set in their ways and may not be as open to some of the "tricks" and tips they spell out in the book. Don't get me wrong, you can still definitely use this book at any age. I think it's a great resource. I just think you'll get the MOST out of it, if you start using the tips before age 1.

Check out their web page at: http://www.thetalkingbaby.com. You can order the book directly from there!!

No comments: