Sunday, March 21, 2010

VERY Busy Weekend

Started with Friday night (which was a reason why I forgot to update on Friday). Kids went to Kids Night Out. I think they will go every time they have it unless we are going camping or have family/friends in town. They ask every time. =) So they went to that and Surbjit and I chilled out at home. We went to pick them up at 11pm (Connor was mad last time because we picked them up early so we waited until the end of the time to pick them up this time). Every single one of them was UP! We were shocked. Especially Taylor. She is my sleeper! So by the time we got home, which they did not fall asleep on the way home which was another shocker, it was 11:30pm. Thankfully they slept in until 8:30!! Woo HOO!

Well, on Saturday we had a birthday party and soccer to go to. The birthday party started at noon with the activities really starting at 1pm. I'm glad we knew that because there was no way we were going to make it by noon. We got there about 12:45. At 1pm, they had a train show up. That was the highlight for all the kids!

They rode the train, ate some food, played on the playground and rode the train some more!

Then right after the party we had to head to Connor's soccer practice. The girls got to play on the playground there while Connor practiced. After soccer, we headed over to Romy & Jeff's house where the kids got to play with Katrina and Dylan. So by this time, none of the kids got a nap and we ended up staying at Romy & Jeff's until 9:30! Needless to say they fell asleep immediately on the way home! On Sunday, they slept in until 9am!! Wow. Maybe I am liking this no nap/time change thing after all! LOL!

Sunday turned out to be another busy day. We ate breakfast and then the kids went to the Gurdwara with Daddy and Bigi. They came home, we played for a little and then headed to another birthday party at the neighbors house. The kids did good, jumping in the jumper, swinging on the porch swing, playing drums, and learning how to ride a skateboard. Needless to say, it was ANOTHER day with no naps. The kids got to bed at a decent hour this time (girls 7pm, Connor 7:30). I bet I have a hard time waking them up in the morning though!

So we had a great weekend. It went way too fast though. Next weekend will be lower key. Connor will be getting his cavities filled on Saturday. We are having him get all four cavities filled at once and having him completely sedated. Wish us all luck! My poor boy. We are not planning on doing anything since we won't know how he'll feel afterwards. But at least we'll get it all done at once and hopefully he won't remember anything. Then since Sunday is the last day of the month and I have not gone to new park this month, hopefully we hit up a new park on Sunday. I just have to figure out which one I want to do! So that's the plan.

So far i"ve been doing pretty good keeping up with the blog and posting something each day. =) I only missed Friday. I'm very proud of myself so far for keeping up. Just 10 days left this month. ;)

No comments: