Thursday, February 14, 2008

3 Months Old!!!

So yeah I'm a day early. Sue me. =) We are going to busy tomorrow getting ready and leaving for our first camping trip since June of 2007. Can you believe we didn't go camping for almost 8 months?!?! I can't. This will be the girls first camping trip. I am looking forward to it. I just know that Connor is not going to get a lot of sleep while we are camping (how can you when there are two babies that are crying in the same space as you) but maybe he'll amaze me. I mean when the girls cry, it really doesn't phase him. They could be sitting next to him while he's watching TV crying away and he's still watching TV ignoring them.

So anyway, let's see. I didn't really update what Connor was doing each month but I'd like to do that with the girls. It's funny. They usually say the 2nd, 3rd etc child gets less and less told or written about and I'm trying to do just the opposite. I'm not sure if it's because there are two or just things I wished I'd done when I had Connor.

So anyway, let's start with Taylor:
  • She is for the most part sleeping through the night. She sleeps from 9pm until 4 or 5 am. WOO HOO!!!
  • She is a TALKER!! I love it. She will start cooing and babbling and talk your ear off. Connor was NEVER like this. I LOVE IT!!
  • She is smiling. She reserves them though for special moments. She won't just smile at you because you smiled you have to get it out her.
  • She is my laid back girl. Because she is so laid back, sometimes she gets overlooked because of her sister. I know I can give her a binkie and she'll settle down. I feel bad sometimes because her sister is so fussy at times she is just left there but that's because she is so easy-going (thank god!).
  • She has pretty good neck control. I can set her on my lap in a sitting position and she will pretty much hold her head for awhile. Still not good enough for the exersaucer yet though.
  • She is eating anywhere from 4-6 ozs of formula at a time. She is pretty much a good eater.
  • She has just now started wearing 3-6 month clothes. She fits some 0-3 month clothes but they are tight on her. Forget the 0-3 month onsies. They do not fit her. They are too short through the torso.

Ok, now for Emily:

  • She's my smiler!!! She will smile at you the minute you smile at her. And her smile lights up her whole face!!!
  • She does talk a little. Not as much as Taylor but she still coo's and babbles.
  • She is my fuss bucket as I like to call her. She is high maintanence (I'm sorry to her future boyfriends and husband!) She does not like to be ignored. If I'm payint attention to Taylor and she's awake, she'll start getting fussy but once I start talking to her she's fine. She LOVES to be held!
  • She is NOT sleeping through the night. :sigh: She has gone all night (9-4) but she will kick around, cry out, and basically be just fitfull sleeping. Otherwise, she'll wake up crying around 2- 2:30, we'll feed her 4 ozs, put her back to bed and she's fine until the morning. Oh well. I guess she is just not ready to go all night without eating yet.
  • She has really good neck control. I would feel comfortable putting her in the exersaucer but I'm going to wait on that for about another month yet. Just to make sure she's got really good control.
  • She is eating about 4-6 ozs of formula at a time also. She is a VERY messy eater. I swear half the bottle goes on her bib and not in her mouth. Still not sure if it's her or the bottle (I HATE Avent bottles).
  • She is still wearing 0-3 month clothes. I think she will be in them for another month. She is still smaller than her sister but she is fastly gaining on her!!!

Well I think that's about it for now. I had wanted to put some pictures on here last night but the girls did not cooperate for me to have time to do that. I will definitely bombard after this weekend since I'll probably have a bunch from their first camping trip.

No comments: