Thursday, February 21, 2008

Last Night was HORRIBLE

I don't know what it is. It is so hard to get Taylor to go to bed. We put Emily down and she is FINE and will move around a little but will then fall asleep. Taylor, you have to hold until she falls asleep and I mean REALLY fall asleep. But last night she was in rare form. Something had to be bugging her. She would just start crying out for no reason. I don't know what was bugging her. This lasted from 8pm until 10 pm when she finally fell asleep in my arms. So i kept her with me on the chair and tried to catch a few zzz's. I was afraid if I laid her down, she'd wake up mad. Of course who starts crying at 11pm? You guessed it. Miss Emily. So I put Taylor down in the rocker (who of course wakes up almost immediately) and make a bottle for Emily. I grab her and try to feed her. She only took like 2 ozs. So I put her back in bed and grabbed Taylor again. I got her to calm down and fall asleep. I laid down with her in my arms on the chair and I feel asleep too. Woke up at 2:30 with who crying? You guessed it. Miss Emily again. I put Taylor down again (and she wakes up and starts crying). I grab Emily and try to feed her again. She's not really eating she's falling back asleep. UGH!!! Why does she do this to me? So she's waking up because she's used to it? I'm not sure. I guess time will tell. So I put her back in her bed and of course she starts crying. So I grab Taylor and hold her. She falls back asleep and I listen to Emily crying for 30 mins. So I decide to put Taylor in her crib and grab Emily. Taylor started to cry when I put her in but after giving her her binkie twice she was ok and fell back asleep. So I grabbed Emily and I put her in her swing to see if she would fall asleep and I lay down on the chair. She's not falling asleep and I feel guilty for just letting her sit in the swing so I grab her. We lay down on the chair and she starts to fall asleep. I get comfortable and we lay there until 4:30am when I put her back in her bed (she didn't make a peep) and I go get ready to go to work. So needless to say, I am EXHAUSTED tonight. And of course they were both FINE this morning. Taylor eating 6ozs and Emily eating 4 ozs. My gosh. WHY do they do this me??? I hope that this is not going to become a routine of theirs.

2 comments:

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

OH how I remember these "nights" so clearly- I can not tell you how many times Gracie would sleep in her swing during the night just so WE could get sleep! Gracie was our Taylor :)

HUGS!!!!! It does get easier! I PROMISE!

Outnumbered said...

Thanks for the comment, I don't mind at all! Feel free to add me if you'd like :) Connor is such a cutie! I love that age. Hang in their with the twins, I am not that far ahead of you age-wise, but there is a definite improvement from 3 to 4 months, at least their has been for us.