Monday, March 03, 2008

The Weekend

So let's see. What did we do this weekend. Saturday we went to Chris Jr's 2nd birthday party. Ok, that makes me feel guilty for not having a birthday party for Connor for his 2nd birthday but really, what was I supposed to do? I had week old infants! It was Thanksgiving so he had a HUGE meal and he got pumpkin pie. =) Plus, he did not need any more toys then he got from family anyway! I still have some of them sitting in his closet! LOL!

Anyway, back to the birthday party. So we put Connor down to nap early (12:15-12:30) since the party was starting at 2. He's been napping barely an hour lately so we figured no problem. It was 2:45 and he was still napping!! So we finally had to wake him up. We woke him up and got going and got to the birthday party about 3:20pm. Just in time for the pinata! Connor got to swing at it (although I had to help and after two swings he was so NOT interested in doing it anymore). He did have fun picking up the candy and immediately wanted to eat it. Then we got to watch Chris jr open presents. Of course Connor wanted to play with the presents. I had to keep telling him that they were not his and that Chris would open then later. While we were watching Surbjit was over in the corner with the twins just hanging out. They feel asleep on our way there and slept almost till we left. They were up for probably about 20 mins before we left. There was also a jumper there that of course Connor would NOT go into. Grrr. I don't know if he will ever go in one. I guess I just have to keep trying.

After the party we went over to Romy and Jeff's house. We haven't hung out with them for a long time. Connor got to play with Dylon (their grandson) and Katrina (their daughter). It was nice to see him playing with kids his age. Romy and I held the girls and I ended up feeding them while we were there too. We ate dinner and then we headed home a little before 9pm. Late night for Connor!! He went home and straight to bed and I tried to give the girls some more to eat and got them ready for bed. Taylor of course slept the whole night, Emily woke up at 2:30am. Then was up a little after 5am for the day. I was so tired yesterday.

Sunday we stayed at home. It was a beautiful day! Well, actually Connor went with me grocery shopping. It seems that's what we do on Sunday's now. =) And then we went and got his hair cut. He did really well. He cried when I first put him in the chair but then he fine the rest of the time and even enjoyed it. Bigi and Uncle Harjinder came over in the afternoon and we played outside. Connor had fun with his water table and playing on his clubhouse climber.

Last night, the girls did pretty good. They were both in bed at 8pm. I don't know if it's just because there are two of them crying or what. When we put them in bed, it doesn't matter if they've fallen asleep on us while eating or not, they wake up and start crying. So we give them their binkie, for Taylor we put the vibrate thing on under her bed or for Emily we put the music on and leave. After about 5-10 mins, they fall asleep. Sometimes, Emily won't wake up and will just sleep but Taylor, it never fears, she wakes up. But then I don't know if it's because they are feeding off of each other but it seemed to me if we put them both down to sleep at the same time they would cry longer. I don't think this is the case. I think it's just me thinking they are crying longer because there is two of them crying. Know what I mean?? In any event, they both fell asleep withing 10 mins last night of us putting them down. Emily then decided to wake up at 11:30pm. I had fallen asleep at 9pm. I guess Surbjit said he grabbed her and held her and she started to fall asleep again so he put her back in bed and she started crying again. He came into bed and we waited to see if she would fall back asleep on her own but after 10 mins I got up and made her a bottle. She ate a whole 1/2 oz. Oh well. She fell asleep while I wad feeding her, I put her in her crib and she did not make a peep. I woke up at 4:15am and both never woke up. I actually had to wake both of them up this morning when I was getting ready.

So anyway, that was our weekend. I am so excited that I have Friday off and I get to relax. I don't think there is anything that I "have" to do. So maybe I can get some sleeping in and clean the house a little bit. I'm so looking forward to it!!!

No comments: