Tuesday, July 08, 2008

This & That

Wow, time sure does fly. I have so much to say that I don't know where to start so I don't. I know I know, I should just do it when I feel the need or remember something. I'll try.

Connor's last day of swim class was fun, sort of. We got to do basically whatever we wanted to do. They had small floats and stuff around for the kids to play with. And if they wanted to go off the diving board or down the slide they could. Well of course Connor wanted to go off the slide. I told him probably three times, you will go under water is that OK? And he was fine with it. Until it happenen. =) The instructor took them down the slide. Basically when they exit the slide, she pushes them towards the air so they get little time in the water but they still end up in the water. He was hysterical when he got out but he was crying. But he said he had fun. I asked if he wanted to do it again and he said no. It was pretty chilly though and we ended up leaving about 5 minutes early. He got a certificate for completing the class which was nice. And it wasn't too hard to tell him that we weren't going swimming anymore. He really understood that it was over and he was fine with it.

Then on Friday the 27th of June we went to Raging Waters with Melanie. He didn't want to go on any of the slides or through any of the sprinklers because it would get his face wet. He was very into not getting his face wet. Hmm, sounds like his mother. I can remember needing a towel next to the pool so I could wipe my face off immediately after dunking my head. It took me YEARS to get over that! But we did end up taking him on Thunder Rapids. The minimum height requirment was 36" and I believe he is 37". He was taller than the line set up for the ride. ;-) Although the guy when we got on was like "He looks a little short but I'm going to let is pass just hold onto him." I was like," he is tall enough I measured!". Of course he is yelling I don't want to go and all the people in line are probably thinking I'm a bad mother. But when we got off, he said he had a good time but when asked if he wanted to go on it again, he said no. But we did go on it again later that night. It was either that or go home. We also hit up the Amazon Adventure (basically the lazy river) which Connor LOVED floating in so we actually ended up doing 2 1/2 times around. All in all a good day. But I do have to say it's a pain going with a non-potty trained child. Changing his diaper, taking off the wet clothes and trying to put a new swim diaper on wet skin, no fun. And I would definitely not go on a weekend. Going during the week was fine as it wasn't too crowded but now I know to go straight to where I want to sit and grab chairs! We did get chairs just not loungers. If I went with a group of people, it would definitely be worth paying and splitting the fee for the private cabana.

Well, time to get going home from work. I got side-tracked here with actually working, LOL! So it's taken me a little bit of time to write this but I want to get this posted. I need to get the pictures off the camera today so hopefully I can share some pictures tonight of the 4th and I'll write a little bit about what we did.

No comments: